Tuesday 21 September 2010

Typography & Layout Design - Grid Systems

This module was entirely about modern grid systems. We had to find ten artistic examples that illustrated the modern grid system as well as 15 visual examples that illustrated good use of modern three dimensional grid systems.

Below is one of the artistic examples that I found:


The following is one of my visual examples of the modern three dimensional grid system in use:


We then had to design our own grid and find a location that matched the grid we designed as best as possible. Below was the grid I designed:


And this is my final piece the example I found that fit well into my grid: [example not uploaded due to blogger internal error]

Overall I found this module highly frustrating as there is so little information about the modern grid system and its uses, so it was very hard to get started. As a result I left this module undone until the last possible moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment