Tuesday 21 September 2010

Personal Work: Poster Design

I was asked by the community centre church my mum works for to design for them a simple poster advertising their upcoming thanksgiving dinner.

They want the poster to have a original images but in a clip art style. The also required information about the dinner and event on the poster, as well as their address and the date of the event.

This is the final poster I designed for them that they decided on using: (Click to enlarge)
To create the images A few I drew by hand in Illustrator using the pen tool, others i got off the Internet and manipulated them to create a completely different look from the original. I also used live trace and the live paint bucket to help.

The hardest part was to get all the information onto the poster as I was limited to working at an A4 size. In the end I hand to compromise with them in terms of the amount of text that could be put onto the page along with the images. I cut away all the unnecessary text.

The centre was very pleased with the end product. I don't consider it my best or most artistic piece but it fit their requirements.

No comments:

Post a Comment